Do you enjoy working within a fast-paced environment with a company that deploys industry leading technology solutions? Come join our team!
GSC IT Solutions, a division of Granite State Communications, is currently seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist Tier II to provide advanced technical support to our managed service clients. Our Help Desk Support Specialist Tier II will work to resolve issues of moderate to advanced complexity associated with IT hardware, hosted & cloud solutions, along with variety of software applications.
GSC is a third-generation family-owned business—making it a tight-knit group of family-oriented, dedicated staff members. GSC cares about its employees just as much as it does its customers—providing excellent benefits, competitive pay, volunteering opportunities through its Pioneer Club, training, GSC-sponsored gatherings and events, and MORE. So, come join this well-established, supportive company and see where our shared ambition will take you.
What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
- Function as a part of a front-line support team to resolve issues of greater complexity that may not be able to be resolved by Tier I support staff.
- Utilize remote access tools to troubleshoot and resolve network issues impacting system operability and performance.
- Collaborate with client and vendors to assist in resolving issues with hardware, software, communications (networks/ISP’s), phone systems, and desktop applications.
- Identify & remediate viruses and malware.
- Follow established technical support procedures and escalation guidelines to ensure issues are brought to a resolution in a timely manner.
- Monitor internal Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) systems to proactively address performance and capacity issues.
- Monitors ticketing system and ensures tickets are addressed in a timely fashion to meet established performance metrics.
- Act as primary technical point of contact with customers during service impacting events.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including server updates, verifying data backups, along with anti-virus and application maintenance.
- Assist and mentor Tier I support staff as needed to resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Performs on call/weekend work on a scheduled rotation as needed. Employees are compensated for on call work.
- 2+ years post-secondary education is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Industry training and vendor certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a Help Desk, IT support, or system admin role
- An exceptional technical aptitude across multiple disciplines and technologies, with an ability to learn quickly.
- Experience in the administration and support of a variety of network equipment and technologies:
- Servers, workstations, tablets, and smartphones
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS appliances and applications
- Antivirus and malware prevention, detection, and remediation software
- Routers and Ethernet switches
- Strong experience with LAN, WAN, and WLAN technologies & protocols.
- Experience in the administration and support of O365 applications and associated services.
- Familiar with the administration, integration, and troubleshooting of premise and hosted VoIP solutions.
- Experience in supporting and administering premise and cloud data backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Familiarity in the administration and management of various Email solutions (premise, hosted, and cloud).
- Experience with the support and administration of virtualized network environments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
What do we have to offer?
Granite State Communications offers a generous benefits package, 9 paid holidays, and accrued vacation time during your first year of service. We have a fast paced, supportive and fun work environment and many other perks.
Granite State Communications is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
If you are interested in applying for a position, or would like additional information about career opportunities at GSC IT Solutions, please call Human Resources at 603-529-9911 OR send us an email with your resume attached to email@example.com.